Needs in Recovery Assessment:
The NiRA has been developed to facilitate important discussions between mental health clinicians and mental health service users about needs which may be experienced when recovering from a first episode of mental illness.
It is an assessment tool which provides a framework to systematically and holistically assess a broad array of needs that may be experienced by people who are recovering from
The site is still under construction.
You can subscribe using the form beside to receive notifications on the status of the site or bookmark this page and check again soon…
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Join our mailing list to have access to the NiRA resources and to receive notifications on the updates of the NiRA assessment tool.
We won't use your e-mail for any other purpose!
1. Identify the needs of the consumer using the 48-items of need on the NiRA.
2. Rate severity of identified needs by marking the appropriate rating box.
3. Discuss which needs require prioritising using prompts provided on
4. Discuss options for meeting these needs, including who is available to assist.
Set achievable goals together.
5. Re-evaluate the needs previously identified using reflective questions.
next steps required to meet needs.
This process may occur at every routine appointment, or at specific and planned needs assessment appointments.